Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; HVAC; plumbing. Perform general cleaning as needed. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions and remount modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Help maintain an organized and tidy facility.
- Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Coordinate and monitor subcontractors, as well as work with our existing property maintenance agreements.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- GED or high school diploma
- 3 – 5 years Commercial Building Maintenance Experience
- Basic computer knowledge.